This is the second piece. The Mandala is one I made myself, and the original is too large for a scanner, so I took a photo of it, rearranged the perspective so that it was straight on instead of slanted, and darkened the black parts. I added a filter to the image in the background (also from Ireland) and faded the mandala. I know I'm not in this one, but I hate having my picture taken, and the whole point of a self-portrait is to show yourself, and I feel that the best way to do that is through my art work. That said, I am in all of the others, but I just didn't want to take attention away from the mandala this time.
Monday, September 14, 2009
This is the second piece. The Mandala is one I made myself, and the original is too large for a scanner, so I took a photo of it, rearranged the perspective so that it was straight on instead of slanted, and darkened the black parts. I added a filter to the image in the background (also from Ireland) and faded the mandala. I know I'm not in this one, but I hate having my picture taken, and the whole point of a self-portrait is to show yourself, and I feel that the best way to do that is through my art work. That said, I am in all of the others, but I just didn't want to take attention away from the mandala this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment